If you have read the blog post about my Dual Duty Scrubber here, you know that I am in the process of making our household more dish cloths. Instead of going out to purchase them I decided to make them (what is a better excuse to buy yarn!).
Of course, as a designer I couldn’t just stick to one pattern. I had to get creative. I had this idea of using the two different textures of yarn that I used in the Dual Duty in a spiraling pattern. To create this unique pattern and texture you work each yarn for only a portion of a round, switching back and forth between the yarns you are using. By switching back and forth between the yarns you create the spiraling pattern.
note: this post contains affiliate links
A pretty fun pattern to make as you watch the colors and texture start swirling. Hopefully this will add a little bit of joy to washing dishes also.
Also, click HERE to read about our trio of dish cloths also using Red Heart Scrubby yarn.
Summer Spiral Scrubby Crochet Pattern
By City Farmhouse Studio
Red Heart Scrubby – Candy – 1 skein – (find it here)
Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton – Rose – 1 skein – (find it here)
Crochet Hook: H 8(5.00MM)
Dish cloth measures 5 ½ ” dia.
1) With solid yarn: Ch 5. Sl st in 1st ch to form loop.
Ch 2 (counts as 1st dc). Dc 9 in loop. Make a large loop to hold stitch and remove hook to change to other yarn (repeat this for each yarn change).
2) With textured yarn: Create a slip knot on hook. Sl st into beginning ch loop. Ch 2 (counts as a dc). 3 dc in beginning loop.
In the top of the first dc of solid yarn 2dc with the textured yarn. 2dc in each of the next 7 sts.
3) With solid yarn: 2dc in next 7 st of textured yarn. *Dc, 2dc in next st.* Repeat 3 more times.
4) With textured yarn: 2dc in next 3 st of solid yarn. *Dc, 2dc in next st.* Repeat 6 more times.
5) With solid yarn: *Dc, 2dc in next st.* Repeat 3 more times.
6) With textured yarn: *2dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts.* Repeat 7 more times.
7) With solid yarn: *2dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts.* Repeat 6 more times. *2dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts.* Repeat 6 more times.
8) With textured yarn: *2dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts.* Repeat 6 more times. Sc 3, sl st 1. Bind off.
9) With solid yarn: *2dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts.* Repeat 2 more times. Sc 3, sl st 1. Bind off.
Weave in ends.